Watch this video, then read the post that follows. My nine year old daughter was the camera operator for this video... I think she did an awesome job!
When I was a kid, my sister had a friend who told her that you would be able to see God in the clouds some day, but you had to be looking for him. Later, in junior high, a friend's mother told him that the Lord would return in the clouds, and you had better be looking for him. I can remember wondering when the day would be that the Lord would return. I always felt anxious about missing the return of the Lord.
Then, after I had recieved Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior, I found a passage in the Bible that fed my fears of missing the Lord's return. Read Matthew 24:36-44 and see what you think.
Does that passage leave you with a nervous or anxious feeling? I discovered that my fears were the result of not knowing the way to make certain that I will be part of Jesus' coming Kingdom. Here are two peices of scripture which should put your fears to rest:
"That if you confess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord,' and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." - Romans 10:9
"Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." - Philippians 2:9-11
The first verse makes certain that you will be saved if you confess and believe that Jesus is Lord. Once you have made this decision, you belong to God's family forever. You can rest easy knowing this. The second portion of scripture makes it clear that everyone will see the Lord, believers and unbelievers alike. You see, it's not about seeing him come, but what you think about him when he arrives. So make your decision now, while you still have time. In the sidebar of this website, I have included a prayer to lead you into a saving relationship with Jesus Christ. Consider praying that prayer today.
5 comments:
I LOVE the music video. It rocks!!! It goes great with the message.
Hey Josh what an awesome website and a great vehicle to share your convictions-your message is moving, your music and voice resinate your commitment and the video completes the experience. We thoroughly enjoyed it. Thank you again for sharing. I smiled the entire time I was browsing-it left me very calm and at the same time I had a sense of pride. Very touching Josh-Cant wait to tune in next week......hats off to the videographer too..good team
Take care
until next week-Caroline
unbelievable job brother... Leopold Stowkowski said; "Painters paint their paintings on canvas. Musicians paint their paintings on silence." Not only is your message in and of itself inspirational, but to paint it from a piece of silence, from complete nothingness, to a beautiful piece of soundful art is also inspirational!
Your friend always,
Sko
Simply incredible. "Show Me More of You" and "When Your Kingdom Comes" accompany me every morning, along with my fresh cup o' jo and newpaper. My daughter can even hum the tunes with me. Absolutely incredible, John J! Back in touch couldn't have been better.
Rock the block party,
K-9
Hey buddy, love seeing what your are doing with the gifts He gace you.
Remember...."the beginning of healing is when we start revealing"
That's buzz word to remember
Love ya bud
Dennis
Post a Comment